Good quality seed is important for good crop yield. Some farmers afford to buy good quality seeds but there are many others who cannot buy it due to financial issues. Hence, to help these farmers, the Bihar government has launched a special scheme known as Bihar Beej Anudan yojana.
It is important to mention that Bihar Beej Anudan Yojana is being run by Bihar Government and Bihar Seed Corporation Limited (BRBN). Under this scheme quality seeds are provided at low cost.
If you also want to buy the seeds at half of the price, then go soon to the website of DBT Agriculture Bihar & apply online.
What is Bihar Beej Anudan Yojana?
Bihar Beej Anudan Yojana is one of the valuable schemes of the Bihar Government. Under this scheme, farmers can apply online and purchase seeds at a 50 percent discounted price. Important thing to mention is that seed is an important part of the production for farmers, as the whole farming and production of the crop depend on the quality of seed. If seeds will be of good quality, crop production can increase by 20-25 percent.
Further, moving towards the online application process of this scheme.
Conditions of Bihar Beej Anudan Yojana
- Seeds must be used for farming purpose only.
- Do not burn the residue after harvesting.
- Seeds must be taken after the application, otherwise you will be deprived of agriculture department’s plans for the next three years.
- A farmer can purchase the seeds for maximum 5 acre of land under this scheme.
- Farmer has to give Rs. 2/kg for home delivery of wheat seeds.
- For the home delivery of pulses/oioseeds, the fee is Rs. 5/kg.
Documents required for Bihar Beej Anudan Yojana
- Farmer Registration number.
- Aadhar card
- Bank passbook
Don’t forget, when you will go to collect the seeds, you will be asked for Aadhar card and Bank passbook.